Friday, June 28, 2013

5 on Friday {This & That}

Happy Friday! I hope everyone has had a great week---here's to an even better weekend!
Here's my 5 on Friday list to kick off the weekend with.
Check out the rest and link up here!
1. Lunch Break Blogging If you are anything like me (i.e. work full time, have a home to keep up, are married, etc. etc.) blogging is tough business during the week. I am thankful for lunch breaks that allow me to post this blog!

2.Weekend Plans I get to go to Louisville this weekend and see some of my favorite people. My bestie Jess and her husband, and my aunt Mary! I can't wait to be back in my Old KY Home (it's been way too long!) and to see what's new around my ol' stompin' grounds!

3. FREE Stuff...especially clothing Ryan's mom's friend has a daughter-in-law who was cleaning her closet out and donating clothes to goodwill. The nice lady that she is, she thought of me and decided to grab it all so I could try the clothes on. Turns out they all fit. Every single piece. I am now the proud new owner of 9 coats/jackets that are like new--including 2 wool coats (one from J. Crew), 2 new trench coats (black AND tan!), some work jackets, and some active wear style jackets. I felt like I was in a dream when I received them...lucky me!!

4. Fourth of July We have a friend that hosts an annual July 4th lake party that I've never been able to make it to---we are usually out of town or busy for the fourth, but not this year! I am beyond excited for a day full of water, sun, food, and the best company. Not to mention my lemon cool whip cookies {the red velvet version is over here}!
 

5. Summer Plans We have already taken a little road-trip this summer and have done a few other fun things around town. This time of year is so much fun for us! Between traveling to see family, traveling to see (or WITH) friends, and the fun things that are always happening around Nashville, we really have a blast! I thrive on having plans/something to look forward to, so I'm especially happy once the summer and sunshine come out for good.
-------
What are your plans for the weekend? What are you looking forward to in July?

2 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

That is a gorgeous pic of you! HAve a great weekend!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Your friend Jess has such awesome hair in that photo ... so stunning of both of you!

Thank you SO much for linking up with us today :)