Monday, July 30, 2012

Cookie Monster

Hello friends! I'm back with another delicious post for you. 
I wanted to share this yummy cookie recipe with you as a Monday pick-me-up!
Yes, I have a major sweet tooth and a good sweet recipe is considered a pick me up around here ;)

I made this recipe as one of the many birthday sweets at our friend's cabin birthday party this past weekend. They were a hit! I usually use lemon cake mix, but I did red velvet just to switch it up a bit. They were definitely delicious, but the lemon is still hands down my favorite! These are so good you'll probably want to try many different cake flavors.
------
What you'll need:
*2 Eggs
*1 Cup of powdered sugar
*1 box of cake mix--any flavor
*1 regular size tub of cool whip (I used Lite)
*1-2 cookie sheets (I used 2 and did 1.5 batches)

Steps 1 - 3
Mix the whole container of cool whip with the two eggs. Then mix in your cake mix. Mixing the cake mix in is very messy--I suggest mixing a little at a time. The mixture gets very sticky, so this should help.


Steps 4 - 5
Preheat your oven to 350º
After you mix everything together put the mix in the fridge for ~30 minutes or until the oven is preheated. Putting the mixture in the fridge helps keep the batter manageable, as it gets very sticky. Do this between batches as well to help.


Steps 6 - 8
Pull out the powdered sugar and put about a cup of it on a plate (you can use a bowl if you'd like). Using a teaspoon, drop balls of batter onto the plate and roll around until covered with powdered sugar. Once they are covered, put them on a greased cookie sheet. Mine were about and inch apart.


Steps 9 - 10
Bake cookies for 11 minutes. Then place on cooling rack for 10-15 minutes (this helps them set!). Then eat them all a few and store the rest!
------
Easy peasy! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

YUM! I would never have thought to put Cool Whip in cookies!

Kalie said...

Cake mix cookies are some of my favorite. If you like lemon flavor, give that mix a try, it is my favorite. Especially if you put a little glaze on top!