Monday, December 3, 2012

Friendsgiving in Louisville

Happy Monday, lovelies! You know, there are just a few more Mondays left in 2012. I can't believe this year is almost over. To me 2012 has been one of the longest years, yet one of the shortest years. What do you think? Have you been counting down until January 1st 2013? I am excited about next year, but it's always bittersweet to close the chapter of another year around the holidays.

Speaking of holidays--my Louisville friends and I have been celebrating Friendsgiving for the last 5 years or so (longer for some of them!). This weekend was the annual get-together, and boy was it a good time!

Ryan and I headed up on Saturday morning and enjoyed an easy interstate trip (which almost never happens during the 2.5 hour drive north!). We got to town just in time to stop by one of our favorite pizza places to grab lunch while we watched our beloved Cardinals basketball team play.
If you're ever in Louisville and need lunch, check out Boombozz!
After that it was onto watching/taste-testing helping the bestie and her husband cook up a couple yummy desserts and sides for the Friendsgiving dinner that night. 

Dinner was so much fun! This year was our biggest group (in the time I've been attending), and it was a ton of fun sharing our friend-traditions with new people and enjoying them with the usual gang. 
My MOH Jess.
Also, I'm IN LOVE with my early Christmas present, a mustard yellow infinity scarf!!
Happy Friendsgiving!
How cute are they?
Y'all don't take scooter rides after dinner?
Sunday was a blast! If there was ever a time that I would need a sarcastic font, it was 2 seconds ago. Sunday was not a fun day. Car trouble, rain, lots of phone calls, and a tow truck turned our 2.5 hour trip home into a 5 hour trip. Thank goodness for some really great friends that gave us a ride home!
Here's to getting some good news today about fixing my little buddy.

I guess I can't say Sunday was a total loss. Our favorite football team made it to the Sugar Bowl!!
via
-------
How was your weekend?
What do you do special with your friends for the holidays? 

I'm linking up with Sami for the weekend blog hop!

No comments: