Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Birthday.....to me!

Happy Monday y'all!! 
Take note that this is probably the first/last/only Monday I'll be over the moon to see it come. Why? Because it's my birthday! I can't believe how quickly 23 went by...I'm so happy to be starting 24 where I am in my life. I'm so blessed and I know this coming year will be one of my best yet.
via
-------
The birthday weekend officially started on Thursday when the boy took me to get....wait for it.....cowboy boots! I have been dreaming of a perfect pair of cowboy boots for about 5 years (as long as I've been with Ryan!). He decided that this year was the one, and he took me to find the perfect pair as my birthday present. Isn't he the best?!
Aren't they cute?
It might have something to do with being a Libra, but I never make up my mind about anything without a lot of deliberation...well that was not the case with these boots! I guess I've looked long enough and I just knew what I wanted. It took me all of 30 minutes and only trying 2 pairs on to walk out of the store with my new babies!
Boot Love!
Ryan wears is late grandfathers boots...melt my heart.
It wouldn't be a legit birthday celebration without your best friends would it? 
It was only fitting for some out of town visitors to come stay with me to help celebrate the big 2-4. 
My MOH and best friend Jess came!
Another bridal party member and best friend Kayla came!
After some shopping on Saturday morning, the girls and I made our way back to my place. Only to find a surprise birthday present under my front mat. 
It as a sweet card from one of Ryan's best friends (and a good friend of mine as well) letting me know that there was a room at the Loews hotel downtown with my name on it!! Not only did I get to go downtown for dinner and bar hopping with my favorite people---I also got to stay downtown in one of the top 3 Nashville hotels. I was definitely over the moon!
Naturally we wanted to go to the hotel to get ready. And have a photo shoot!
Casey! 
Casey and Jess
Prom!
Apparently I was too tall for everyone.
In the elevator on the way to dinner.
All of the girls at dinner!
Oh you know, just taking cute pictures...
And then the boy almost falls and catches
himself by grabbing my dress strap.
Needless to say I wasn't happy!
Silly boys ;)
 The next morning some of us enjoyed breakfast at the Loews restaurant.
I seriously felt like a princess all weekend! 
-------
Shopping, flowers, homemade breakfast, sleeping in at the Loews, a trip downtown, homemade cupcakes....the list goes on and on and I still have 12 hours to go. This birthday has been amazing--definitely one I will never forget. Thanks to everyone who made it so amazing!

P.s. I'm linking up with Sami for the weekend blog hop!

5 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!!! I love that we both got cowboy boots for our birthdays! TN girls 4 life! haha

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!! It looks like you had so MUCH fun! I love those boots! Birthdays are always so much fun..especially when it's yours!

Oh and I am your newest follower :)

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday!! I LOVE the boots. Nothing better than a good pair of boots. :) Visiting from Weekend Recap!

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Breezy Brie said...

Love the boots! :) And Happy Birthday!

I also wanted brown boots (not cowboy though) for my birthday, but I couldn't find any that fit me right, yet. My birthday was just on Friday, the 28th and I also turned 24. Crazy!

Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

Lauren Loeffel said...

Looks like you had an awesome birthday weekend! :) Love those boots!