Monday, December 5, 2011

Photography Inspiration

With the holiday colors, the beautiful decorations and lots of family activities, I have plenty of reasons and motivation to get the camera out and use it this season! Lately I have been trying to further develop my technique and expand my abilities, so I've been following tutorials and reading lots of websites. Once I pick up the camera I use many things as inspiration: my surrounding, colors I love, people (strangers and friends), and a lot of random items. Mostly I use what means the most to me. I loved taking pictures of the cotton field a few months ago. Why? I've always been a huge fan of history and cotton's a big part of the south and it's history, so it felt magical to me (corny, I know!). I've always known about cotton, but it was never RIGHT THERE for me to see...or touch...or photograph! I guess my imagination took over and I used that to motivate myself to take those photos. It may seem silly to some, but it worked for me!

If you remember, one of my 12 by 2012 goals was to complete one photo session with PEOPLE. Although I really enjoy taking photos of nature and stationary items, I definitely want to take more photos of people. There's so much to learn about capturing people and what better way to learn than to DO?

I'll admit that I'm definitely a little scared that once I try, I won't be able to capture those important, sweet moments that other photographers are able to capture. And I know it takes practice to get to that point, but I would feel goofy if I didn't think I was capturing at least SOME of that right from the beginning. Hopefully one day I'll get to know a professional photographer so that I can learn more from them and ask lots of questions! A girl can dream big, right?

Here are some photos that inspire me to get out there to take more photos and to practice.
Via
Via
Via
Via
via
via
via
via
via
via

What's something you'd like to get better at? Do you practice a lot?

P.s. If you read through my recent posts, you'll see that I've been making Christmas wreaths lately. Because they're becoming popular with people I know, and I've been making a bunch, I thought I'd offer to make them for anyone who might be interested! If you are interested, check out my NEW etsy shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ampars01

1 comment:

Eliza :: Case Study said...

These pictures are so awesome, so many great ideas! xoxo, eliza http://asteroid-325.blogspot.com/