Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Recap


Happy it's NOT Monday Tuesday!

Shew, the holiday weekend has me feeling spoiled--all I can think about is being comfy and hanging out with Ryan and the pup at home. The weather was gross all weekend, but that didn't get in our way of having some fun, visiting and relaxing. On Friday everyone at work was able to leave early, so I used my free time to do some much needed retail therapy (although I didn't find anything I liked. Boo). This cute little antique store that I like had some fun items, including a dresser that Ryan later referred to as a "gross horror movie dresser". It caught me off guard, but made me laugh. He explained that he thought it looked like a dresser that girls brush their hair in right before they get killed...hahaha. I also found a cute set of copper salt and pepper shakers that wouldn't match a thing we own, but I liked anyways :)



This table makes me daydream....about a posh corner office, a great view of a beautiful city skyline and the most gorgeous tailored dress. Hahaha See, I'm delusional after the long weekend full of yucky weather. But a girl can dream, can't she? I don't usually like this style, but it was very pretty in person...I believe it's called lucite? It was also $1,000! 

The Daydreamy Table

via Janel Holiday Design website

Saturday was full of photo editing and organization. I am so happy to have all of my photos organized and backed up--I feel like I can breathe because I don't have to worry about having them saved in a safe place :)

I worked with Lightroom 3 to edit some simple shots and here's what I came up with...
  





On Saturday night Ryan took me on a movie date complete with candy :) We saw Crazy Stupid Love...we both laughed the whole time and were overall happy with the movie. It was great and I suggest everyone see it at least once!

On Sunday we had a mini-photo shoot to capture Ryan's motorcycle...he recently made some changes to it that really affect the appearance so he wanted some pictures to share with his motorcycle friends. Here are a few of my favorites :)

My favorite

Sunday night we went to a friend's cabin to hang out with everyone. It was great catching up with the girls and seeing everyone. It was rainy all day Sunday and I really don't think it's stopped since then. We woke up to chilly weather yesterday, which was a treat because I got to break out my sweatshirts and enjoy a warm drink in the middle of the day :)

Because the weather has been so gross, our office ordered pizza in today so no one has to leave the office. I can appreciate the cooler temperatures, but I wish it didn't have to come with rain!

How was your weekend? Were you lucky enough to avoid the bad weather?
Hope so :)

No comments: