Friday, June 3, 2011

Sweet Visitors

Over the last few weeks I've had the chance to spend some great quality time with Ryan and our pup! There has been job searching, some tennis (I'm terrible, but Ryan loves it), and lots of venturing around town to get to know the place/layout. We have been taking our time trying out new places around town in attempts to save some money, so we end up spending a lot of time at home. Thankfully our apartment grounds are pretty and offer things for us to do (volleyball, swimming, fishing, tennis, etc.). Considering the amount of time we spend at home, we were ecstatic to have some visitors over the past week.

Ryan's parents came over from Nashville last Sunday to see us and we all headed over to the Stones River battlefield. It was memorial day weekend so we had the chance to see the flags that were displayed on the graves as well as the beautiful grounds. The visitor center and grounds were very well kept, we were all impressed!

 
My Dad and his family came to Murfreesboro this past Tuesday as well. After a trip to Nashville they took the time to swing by and visit for a bit. We also had a chance to eat dinner with two of Ryan's close friends, James and Kim, yesterday evening. We got to catch up and have some yummy food at Mellow Mushroom (I looove that place)! It was great seeing them, especially in Murfreesboro!

Of course I love anything that looks pretty as a picture!
Cheap beer-my favorite!
We will have a few visitors this weekend and I'm beside myself with excitement! My Louisville friends family will be coming this Saturday and we will be spending time by the pool, seeing some of Murfreesboro and catching up on everything!

Until then, I think that Ryan and I will be heading to the downtown square tonight for Friday Night Live (free concert-part of a summer series). The band Stones River Pilots will be there and they play a wide variety of music (rock, blues, country) so I'm sure it will be a great time!

No comments: