Monday, November 5, 2012

{Weekend Recap}

The weekend is already over? Though it did last a little longer than usual, the weekend was still entirely too short. 
 
What did our weekend consist of? The couch, lots of pillows, sprite, football, cuddles, and pain medicine. Why the pain medicine? Because I had surgery on Friday. If you follow me on twitter or instagram {click either to follow}, then you might have seen a cast picture or hospital picture in my feed over the last few days.
 
Let me explain...
A friend and I were goofing off and we fell. Most of her weight landed on my ankle. I spent the next few days elevating it to reduce the swelling, and taking ibuprofen to help as well. After 5 days of pain that wasn't getting any better, I ventured to the hospital for x-rays. It turns out I had 2 clean breaks in my fibula (the "calf" bone, or the smaller one in your lower leg). As soon as we got the results from the ER we went to the Orthopedic surgeon for a 2nd opinion. It was a quick appointment with him, because as soon as he saw my x-ray he declared that I would need surgery, and that he could fit me in the very next day.

What did they do in surgery to fix my ankle you ask? They put a plate and 6 screws in to get me straightened out (no pun intended)! I am in a cast now and will be for 6-8 weeks. Then even more stuff after that. Shewwweeee. I'm already over this! 
This is how I feel now...
via
The worst part of this whole thing? We were supposed to do our engagement pictures this past weekend. Talk about some crazy timing...at this point I expect us to have to do a winter session. What do you think? I have always dreamed of a fall engagement session, but we just have to work with what we have at this point.  Here are a few cute winter engagement pics I found...
 
If it snows...
via
via
If it doesn't snow...
via
My favorites...
via
via
Thoughts?
------- 
How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun? 
 
P.s. I'm linking up with Sami today! Swing by to check out the weekend update posts here :)

No comments: