Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Smiles

HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY!!
In case you couldn't tell, I'm BEYOND excited that it's finally the weekend! We are having family in town this weekend....at first I thought it would just be my aunt momma and her husband, but now the boy's brother and sister in law will be here too! AND it's the boy's dad's birthday. Since breaking my ankle and not being able to drive, I've felt very cooped up in our apartment--a weekend filled with family activity is just what the doctor ordered! I can't wait to have some much needed family time, birthday celebrations, yummy food, and to share some laughs {that always happens when we're all together}.
What are your plans this weekend?
via
-------
After yesterday's post, I decided it was time for some cheerfulness :) I hear it all the time that you can decide to be happy. You can make the choice and some days the only option you have is to put your happy girl panties on and plant a smile {even if it's hard} on your face. Well, that pretty much sums my week up. And guess what? It worked! It may have taken until Thursday  but I turned this week around! Well, I had a little help from some awesome people, but I still made it to the other side {aka with a smile on my face}! 

So, in honor of being positive, here are my favorite
happy/inspirational bits from this week!
{1}
Have no fear of perfection. You'll never reach it. - Salvador Dali
Isn't that the truth? Sometimes you just have to turn the unreasonable stress OFF and just get on with it. Try as hard as you can to be what you want.
{2}
Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking
how you do it. - Maya Angelou
This is pretty much exactly how I feel about success
{3}
Self-explanatory, right? ;)
via
{4}
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. - Arthur Ashe
That's all you really can do, right? Sometimes it's hard to remember that.
{5}
If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely. - Roald Dahl
My favorite...it always puts a smile on my face! :)
{6}
Whoever is happy will make others happy, too. - Anne Frank
This is pretty important to me at home. Ryan works so hard, and I try to make a point of being happy while at home. It makes a pretty big difference if you ask me! It's also good wife practice!
{7}
-------
Completely off topic, but I found this outfit and I instantly fell in LOVE. I'm pretty sure that if I had to pick one single outfit to wear the REST of the fall, this would be the one:
How amazing is this get up? LOVE!!!

1 comment:

MaggieTheMrs said...

Hi lady! I'm a new follower and I just have to say, that outfit is precious! Love it! I also love the Wedding Wednesday link up that y'all are doing. i started blogging after my wedding, so being able to write posts about it every couple of weeks is so exciting! I didn't get to link up with the first one because I just now learned about it, but I will be linking up with the next one for sure!