Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday's Fancies [Derby!!]

It's finally here! The 138th Kentucky Derby is this weekend! I've been waiting 363 days for this weekend to arrive!
via
Do you know how much I love Derby?? I bet you will be the end of this post! : )

Appropriately, this week's Friday's Fancies post has a Derby theme. Boy was I excited to hear about this one! If you know me at all, you know I'm a thrifting hound. I love a good deal, but I also LOVE to look my best. When it comes to Derby it gets a little tricky. You have to consider the price of everything that's involved....transportation, the tickets, the drinking, the amazing new dress, hat, and shoes, the drinking, and the wonderful eating. Did I mention drinking?
See, it really starts to add up.

Despite having to watch my budget when creating my IRL outfit, with Friday's Fancies I got to put together an outfit that makes my heart sing! The point of Friday's Fancies is to dream big, and not to worry about the price. So, ladies, that's what I did. I picked an outfit out that is beyond my dreams, as well as my budget!
Dress, Hat, Earrings, Bracelet, Sunnies, Heels
This coral-pink dress mixed with the peplum style makes for a classic, yet "now" fashion statement. I paired the dress with strappy wedges (easier on my feet!), a fun Derby hat, and the perfect unassuming jewelry to finish my perfect look!

We're making the trip up today, and going our for our annual Derby Eve party night! I can't wait to see all of my favorite ladies (and guys), and see my 2nd home, Louisville!
--------------------
What do you do for Derby? Are you going? Do you have a party to celebrate? Whatever you do, I hope you have a great Derby weekend!!

P.s. Here are some fun Derby drink recipes to get you through the weekend!
via
Mint Julep [Famous Drink of the Derby]

via
Oaks Lily [My FAV]

via
Mojito

5 comments:

DSR said...

I am drooling over your derby selection. DROOLING! If only...

New follower from the #FF linkup party!

Dana @ five30three.com

Wine and Summer said...

I love the derby too! I cannot wait for tomorrow!

Love your blog!

Happy Friday!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Have fun this weekend! Love the outfit

siddathornton said...

i love all the sleek black, paired with the colorful coral punch offered up by the dress - so awesome. love your picks. happy sunday :)

- l

Emily Weinzapfel said...

Great Derby post!! I am loving your recipes, especially for the Oaks Lily! Sounds yummy! :)