Friday, March 2, 2012

Tangerine Tango

I may be a little late today, but it's better than never! I don't know how your day has been, but here's a little insight to mine: storms, strong winds, no electricity, large hail, leaving work early, and calls/texts with people who were also having weather issues or were checking up on us. It was crazy! I don't have a lot of experience with tornadoes, and I don't want to gain any either. I'm so glad that it's over now!
[If you were in an area with bad weather--I hope you're doing well now!]

Onto friendlier, brighter topics now.....today marks the best day of the week--Friday! Today's Friday's Fancies theme is Tangerine Tango.

First, a little education: Did you know that Pantone, the mother of color, picks a Color of The Year each year? Well, they do. And this year's color just happens to be
17-1463 Tangerine Tango.
[Hence the theme of Friday's Fancies this week!]

Not only is Tangerine an in color, but it's also perfect for spring!
It's fun, flirty, and bright--all the best things about Spring!
Shirt//Earrings//Blazer//Bracelet//Bag//Shorts//Shoes
Not only did I pull tangerine into this outfit with the jacket and the wedges, but I complimented the main color with another bright (that happens to be in the shoes, as well). I didn't want to over do it with the brights, so I used a few neutrals (purse and shirt), and navy to balance it all out. I would definitely wear this outfit out for a fun lunch date, or to an evening art hop around Nashville during the Spring
[I've been daydreaming about the next one]!
-------------------------
Be sure to swing by and check out the rest of the Friday's Fancies posts [here]. And link up if you're feeling fancy!

Also, make sure you take a peek at Hollie's blog [here]. She does the best link-ups.....they're a great way to find some great new ladies//blogs!

4 comments:

HayleyGrace said...

I LOVE tangerine and I am totally on the look out for a tangerine blazer. I am dying to have one for spring.

Unknown said...

I'm now following you via #FF. & I also live in TN.

Bronwyn

Clare C. Whitaker said...

Love the tangerine and the turquoise. Such a fabulous color combination that makes a wonderful spring/summer statement!! I hope you had a great week and have a good weekend.
Toodles,
Twirling Clare
twirlingclare.blogspot.com

my mini bag said...

Great post. The color is absolutely gorgeous.

I am glad you are okay after the storm. Stay safe.

I am a new follower. Found you through Hollie's blog Follow Friday.
http://myminibag.blogspot.com