Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Open Letter To Apple

Dear Apple,

I know you've experienced an extreme loss over the past few months (RIP Steve Jobs), but that doesn't mean you can just let the whole place go to shit crap!  All I wanted to do yesterday was update my good ol' 3GS to the new iOS5 software.  I know I don't have the brand new phone, or even the one that's 2nd to that (I planned on might upgrade next summer), but that doesn't mean I should have so many issues or feel frustrated.  Yes, of course I'm overreacting, but I still feel frustrated and upset.  After my iPhone was wiped clean so the new software could be installed, I was prompted to restore my old data (the same info I JUST backed up). Note that the old data was encrypted with a password.  WELL, when I put my password in, iTunes rejected it....over and over and over and over again.  So, today I sit here with a completely factory restored iPhone.  With an awesome new operating system that I can't even enjoy because I just LOST 500 PICTURES!** 
After much research, it seems that I'm not the only person having this issue.  It seems that there are a few reasons behind my problem: server overload, iTunes resetting the password to a 4 digit code (!!) or that it was just having a 'moment'.  There's a chance that my password might work today when I get home....I really hope it does, but even if it does I still lost sleep last night and I'm not totally here today because my mind is all over the place and stuck on the fact that I may not ever see my precious (500!!) pictures ever again.

Sheesh, what a rant.  I feel a little better now.  I hope 5:00 gets here quickly...I can't wait to try another 1114143923794  password options to see if I can crack the code.   Wish me luck!

**(I didn't lose them, so much as they're locked up forever if I can't get the password figured out, but my stomach is in knots and I'm still upset!)

3 comments:

Miss Chelsea said...

have you tried resetting your password? Following the little 'forgot password' prompt

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're having issues with your phone. Ranting always makes me feel a little better when I don't know what else to do.

Dusty said...

The curse of Steve Jobs!