Sunday, September 25, 2011

Week and Weekend Recap!

Isn't today beautiful? The weather this weekend has been great--a little bit of chill but not to cool just yet :)

This past week I got to see Alan Jackson and Eric Church for free in Nashville. I heard about it last minute and a few friends meet up with Ryan and I to take advantage of a great time! Just for the record, I've wanted to see Alan Jackson for as long as I could remember. Like, really really badly. Last October Ryan surprised me with tickets for my birthday to see him in Cincy, but AJ was sick and ended up canceling the show with no makeup date. It was a very sad day for me...so needless to say, when I found out about this free concert I was pumped! It feels good to mark something off of my bucket list!

The boy and I at the concert. We had an amazing time!

Alan Jackson!!
Friday night was spent grocery shopping and just hangout out around the house. We knew that Saturday would be a long day so we just took it easy. We started Saturday off by getting in the car and heading east. We visited my Dad and his family as well as doing some work for my company in that area. We had dinner in Nashville that night with Ryan parents and then made it back home. Shew, traveling all around the state, all in one day, is exhausting! We definitely slept in this morning :)

My Dad and I
 Two of our friends are getting married this coming Spring and the bride, Kim, wanted to visit the bridal show here in Murfressboro so we met up this afternoon and strolled through the vendors. And we ate cake samples, naturally :) It was fun to taste the cakes, but man can those vendors jump at you! Some where really nice and some where really...different. I'm glad I wasn't the one with the Bride name tag on. For once ;) hahaha

After the show I stopped by one of the shopping centers around town and I'm lucky I did! I went to Gap, which I never do, and I found a bunch of stuff I was looking for a great prices! I always add some new basics (tees, long sleeve tees, thin sweaters) to my wardrobe when the fall starts...I found great plain (layering) tees for $9.97 with an additional 30% off! That's close to $6 a piece--you can't beat that! I also got a great new pair of dark wash skinny jeans for $6 as well as a great shirt for the UofL game next weekend. Finding great deals while shopping puts me in a great mood ever time! 

This is the shirt I bought to support my
team--it's red in person, not pink!
 It was house cleaning and cooking for the rest of the afternoon. I made some great freezable burritos for lunch this week. Nothing like getting all of the big stuff out of the way so the rest of the evening can be spent relaxing and watching the new season of Kendra! football with the boy :)

No comments: