Friday, January 10, 2014

Guess who's back, back again...

Heeeeeeeey! Long time no chat, amirite? Well, what better day to come back than a Friday! {We all know an impending weekend gives us courage and motivation!} I have been thinking about this ol' blog a lot lately, and I'm happy to be back, at least for a bit. I've missed my creative outlet! And boy do I need one right now! Work, home, everything is just so busy.

I've started this year with a goal in mind. Not a resolution, but just a little push to get myself going in what I think is the right direction. I am a creative person, and when I don't take the time to do my creative thang, I get a little cranky. Kinda like when we get hungry and it turns into hangry.
No one wants that! 

So, I've decided to make a point to take the time to do a few things here and there each month to help keep my creative juices flowing. Here are five that are currently on my radar....{5 for Friday!}
http://www.hellohappinessblog.com/2014/01/five-on-friday-everyday-makeup-edition.html
1. Start knitting. I bought an awesome how-to book and got a few pointers from Ryan's granny and YouTube. I haven't necessarily hit the ground running yet, but I have learned a few things and I've started my first project. It's harder than I thought it would be, and I love that part of it.

2. Signed up for a calligraphy class. I love writing letters, cards, etc. I thought it would be awesome to learn calligraphy (I wish I would have done this before the wedding!). It's through a local business called The Skillery...maybe I'll get to meet some other creatives during the class.
via
3. Finish yearly photo albums. I have yearly photo albums (real photos, not photo books) up to 2011. I need to finish 2012 and create 2013. I love sitting down to go through all of my photos and organizing them by month! #memories

4. Create a wedding coffee table book. I have started a few through different websites, but haven't been impressed with any of the online tools that I've used so far. Does anyone have a suggestion??

5. Try more new recipes. Being creative in the kitchen is so fun! This might sound silly, but I get bored easily when it comes to cooking the same old recipes all the time. I'll share a few of my new favorites soon!
------
What do you do when you need some creativity in your life?

5 comments:

CWY said...

I've been considering taking a calligraphy class. I loved the addresses on our wedding invitations so much, I think it has become an obsession of mine! Stopping by from the link-up. Happy Friday!

Christa
Forever Young

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I used Shutterfly. I made mine 50 pages thick. I also changed the template... like I used a template they had but tweaked it so i was different. I also added embellishments and text to it. Here's a snapshot on how mine turned out.

http://southernbelle23.blogspot.com/2012/01/wedding-memories-are-forever.html

Jackie said...

a calligraphy class would be super neat. I also love to write letters/thank you cards/etc...

Thrifty Crafty Girl said...

I thought I was the only one in the world who wanted to take a calligraphy class! There isn't one near me, so I found some books on Amazon about it... I'm going to do this!

New GFC follower!

Lincoln Madison said...

One of the wonderful blessings of information technology for the development of business organizations is the use of VOIP .Business Phone Service .