Monday, February 20, 2012

National Lampoon's [Family] Vacation

At last, I've made it to my computer to give you a quick rundown of my vacation!

You guys remember the Griswold's, right? Well, my vacation wasn't quite like that...at least not the whole time! Haha I'm kidding! We had a great time!
via
I have to admit--I can't handle driving riding for long trips like I used to! And although I'm worn out from the traveling, shopping, and hanging out with everyone, I had a great time visiting and finally being able to see Ry's sister in her/her family's world [she's a saint]!

So, what else do you do on vacation? Naturally, we ate a ton (literally!) of awesome food, took a boat ride to see the beautiful Winter Park area, picked a few strawberries on a gorgeous day, and maybe enjoyed a few bottles glasses of wine in between!

If you know me, you know I love me some sweets! Starting the day
with a blueberry glazed cake doughnut made me a happy girl!
Travel essentials! A funny Tucker Max ebook and some Valentine's day
chocolate. What more can a girl ask for?

Our first day was full of sunshine, cupcakes, happy kiddos, and strawberry picking.
Perfect day, no?
Breakfast our first day there. I loved the pancakes, and got some insider
tips on how to make everyday things a little healthier
(R's sister knows a ton about nutrition).
Our view of part of the town square in Mt. Dora.
Our lunch was great--we sat on the 2nd floor balcony with a breeze.
Sigh, 78 degrees, oh how I miss you!
The dock near the shops in Mt. Dora.
One part of the field that we picked strawberries in.
The weather was perfect for picking berries.
Our row. You pick a flag in the ground, pick to your heart's content,
and then replace the flag wherever you leave off. Simple as that.
The final batch. Fresh strawberries are officially my favorites!
Of course we HAD to dip a bunch in chocolate.
It would have been a crime not to :)
Whenever I travel, my allergies get the best of me.
The remedy--tea, Clariton, and a few kisses from the boy.

Day Two was full of a ton of window shopping, a breezy boat ride, new food choices, and the first of many glasses of wine.
The beginning of the boat ride around the lakes surrounding Winter Park
The best part of the boat ride? Seeing all of the huge estates!
They were gorgeous!
Another beautiful part of the boat tour...seeing everyone's relaxing setup
at the end of their yard/beginning of the water.
Lunch at another cute restaurant. I had a delicious turkey, white cheddar
and apple butter sandwich! Try it sometime, you wont regret it :)
Watching the boys play...

While the third day was somewhat overcast and not so pretty, we didn't mind because we spent the day shopping...yes, we had a trend going : )
Brunch with everyone before a day of shopping!
Amaaaazing french toast at First Watch. If you're in the area, check it out!
Derby dress shopping! This is the front runner for now.
Another cute dress, perfect for Spring and Summer.
Wine art at Home Goods that I would LOVE to have in our apartment.
If only we had more space!
New wine tags...of course I'm the nutty one ;)

I don't have pictures yet (on the Canon, which I will have to find the cable for...) of the last day, but we spent the afternoon/evening hanging out at the nearby springs.
via

The ride home wasn't so bad. We had plenty of Breaking Bad episodes to watch...and maybe a few girl scout cookies to get us through : ) Tough life, huh?
Lots of Breaking Bad...we're finally caught up!
My new favorite juice!
I don't mean to get lovey dovey on you, but you know what I enjoyed the most about this trip? The time I had with the boy. The original reason for the trip to FL was actually based around a work event he needed to attend. It was good opportunity for him to learn new things and it was great seeing his excitement about the future. I love seeing him that way, and I can't wait to see where he goes next!
He's my absolute favorite person, in case you were wondering ; )
----------------
So, what did you do this past weekend? Did you visit Amanda and Dayna? I have to thank them again for being sweet enough to guest post while I was away!

P.s. Do you recognize the corner of the book in the last picture above? That's right...The Hunger Games! I finished it and am now reading the 2nd book. I seriously can't wait to see the movie! Also, did you know that the actors that play Katniss and Peeta are both from the bluegrass state (KY)? That makes me happy! Let me ask you a question--When (if) you read the book, did you imagine Liam Hemsworth as Peeta and not Gale? I knew, even before I started the book, that Liam Hemsworth was Gale, but I just couldn't help but envision him as Peeta. Haha Oh well! I'll be happy to see them both onscreen, either way : )

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Damn I'm jealous of your trip to sunny Florida! It sounds like you had an amazing time with your beau's family! That makes me so happy to hear that you had a great time. Did you end up buying either of those dresses? You looked super cute in both of them! Is it my turn to send a pen pal letter?

christine donee said...

fresh strawberries and covered chocolate?

my. kind. of. girl.

Alyssa said...

I love strawberry picking!! Haven't been in years! How fun!

Melanie said...

those food pics are killing me -- krispy kreme AND strawberries AND french toast?!?!?!