Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day Of Love + [Guest Blogger]

Happy Valentine's Day ladies!
A few of the sweet-tart hearts from our plethora of Vday candy!
You didn't think that just because I'm away on vacation I would leave my favorite readers without something [sweet] to read, did you? Today, one of my favorite bloggy friends [Amanda] is here to sweeten up your day with a little Valentine's Day love!
----------------------
Hey all! I'm Amanda from Simple Girl, Simple Pleasures. Ashley and I met via Leslie's link-up for pen pals. And we've become fast friends writing each other back and forth. It turns out that we have endless things in common, including formerly being in LDRs (long distance relationships). Yes, my LDR will end as of this Friday!


While Ashley is away, I'm here to say hello, and happy Valentine's day!
via
Today is a day that I absolutely love! Not because I have a boyfriend and am in a happy, healthy relationship, but because it's a day of love. And it's a great day to remind all of the people you love and care for, how much you truly love them. At least that's how I view it.


Yes, I'll dress in red or pink, and be overly peppy. But that's only because, since I was little, my parents were my sister and I's Valentines. We didn't have to a boyfriend to feel the love. And I've continued to send my love to them, and to my closest girl friends, since I realized how much those three small words can do.


via




Many people view the day as just another overly-hyped holiday created by Hallmark, but I don't agree. I think it's just a day that you can share and show some extra kindness and emphasis on love, who you love, and what love is all about.


via
How do you view Valentine's day? Do you love the holiday? Hate it? Don't care about it?


I'm wishing you all a very Happy Valentine's Day and lots of love! Thanks for having me, Ashley!

Photobucket
----------------------
Isn't she sweet! I absolutely agree with her...it's important to show your favorite people exactly that--that they are your favorite! Thanks SO much for taking care of my readers today, Amanda! Be sure to visit her blog and show her some love this Valentine's day!

6 comments:

sherri lynn said...

Love this post! I always have loved Valentine's Day, even when I didn't have a special guy in my life. I think it's such a fun excuse to tell your friends and family how much you love them! And who doesn't like an extra excuse to eat chocolate?!

Alexa said...

Loving all of the red and pink these days and such wonderful sentiments for a special day. xoxo Alexa

Amanda said...

Thanks again for having me! Hope you're having safe travels to Florida, if you're not there already! Happy Valentine's Day!

Natalie said...

Hey Amanda thanks for introducing me to Ashley's blog. I agree it's just a great day to tell people how you care about them. Ashley---new follower can't wait to read more!

HayleyGrace said...

Even though I don't have a significant other I am so excited to celebrate how much I love all my incredible friends! I love Valentines Day!!

christine donee said...

what's not to love about love?