Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Photo Update + Recipe

Last week I came to the sad/crazy realization that I have really been slacking when it comes to taking pictures. While I didn't break out the traditional camera this past weekend, I did make an effort to actually take photos of what we did with my iPhone. 
I'm finally jumping into something that I've wanted to do for a while now!
I also took the plunge and bought a Kindle Fire. I SO love it!
On the topic of taking photos...I took one of myself and
played around with a photo app. This is my new Twitter pic :)
I LOVE how long my hair has gotten. Here's to hoping I figure out a good haircut soon : )

On Sunday night I made Chicken & Dumplins for Ryan's family.
Everyone loved them! P.s. C&D is one of my all time favorite meals!
Hanging out in front of the fire...
Making smores!
New glasses. Thoughts?
It's casual Thursday (in my head), so I look rough. Don't judge, ok?
Also, does anyone else feel like they need to wear extra makeup when they wear glasses? I feel like I don't look like I have much on, even though I'm wearing the normal amount. Hmm.

I had to upgrade from a normal size coffee cup to this extra
large one....hopefully this will keep me going today!

We're really tired of chicken around our house, so I started looking for a few new non-chicken recipes. Last night I tried out a new one, Taco Pizza. It was pretty yummy and I think we'll definitely have it again.

Here's the recipe the way that I made it. Click the link above to see the original recipe!
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Brown ground beef and drain. Mix taco seasoning according to the package directions and then add to the ground beef .
  3. Unroll crescent rolls into rectangles. Place on ungreased 11 1/2 inch x 16 1/2 inch cookie sheet (I used two, to make a medium pizza and a small pizza). Press dough over the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust (I didn't do this, as I used two cookie sheets).  Bake at 375 oven for 11 to 13 minutes or just until golden brown.
  4. Microwave beans in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute.  Carefully spread beans over warm crust creating a thin layer.
  5. Top with cooked beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese followed by tomatoes, and hot sauce.  Return to oven for 3-6 more minutes until cheese is melted.  Top with lettuce and more cheese after removing from oven and serve with sour cream on the side.
What are some new recipes you've tried lately?

P.s. Has anyone tried to make their own crepes before? I'm itching to try this recipe!

4 comments:

Erin James said...

that recipe looks yummy!

i have that very same big white starbucks cup.... love it, definitley gets you through long days :)

Sophie said...

so jealous of your kindle. i need to get one! and that recipe looks so yum!

just found your blog and im following :) x

Nicole Marie said...

good luck learning html! and fun making s'mores!

Ashley @ The Sweet Life said...

Nicole-Thanks! I'm going to need it :)

Sophie-I'm so glad to have you!

Erin-Seriously, that cup is the best!