Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Favorite Things...

I thought I would take a second to share a little Christmas goodness with you all by talking about my favorite things of Christmas. I got the inspiration from Dayna [her version] and she got HER inspiration from Katelyn [here]. Go check out their posts and share your own!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg not please. I could have hot chocolate anytime, but egg nog around the holidays is the best! 
via
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
 I have never, ever heard of Santa not wrapping presents! Please don't tell me that families do that...it takes the fun out of opening the gifts! 

3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white?
It varies. Sometimes our family is in the mood for colored and sometimes they like white better. I love the large bulb lights, so I'll probably have those on the outside of my house someday. As for the tree, I think I like white unless I need color to go with the theme : )
via
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Only if it's hanging over this guy...or my Ryan. Whichever ; ) But really, I would hang it if I found it myself....it's usually pretty overpriced so I don't buy it. 
via
5. When do you put your decorations up?
When I was living at home, we always put them up right after thanksgiving. Ryan's family does that too and we'll probably do the same thing next year when we get to decorate.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Nothing really jumps out at me here...mostly because I like it all. Turkey is delish and I basically live on baked good during November and December.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Probably the Christmas celebrations at my grandmother's house when I was a kid. Before all of my Dad's brothers and sisters grew apart (and when all of us grandkids were still pretty little), we would all cram into her house and eat and just pile on top of one another just to enjoy the holiday together. Plus, she had the most massive tree ever! I loved that thing and the smell of that cheap, messy tinsel she covered it with : )

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think I was about 6. I didn't tell anyone at the time, but I realized that "Santa" had the same handwriting as my Mom.Call me Sherlock!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Growing up and up until I left for college, yes. Now, when I celebrate with Ryan, no. We save it all for Christmas morning now. It's SO hard that way!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I've only ever decorated with a variety of ornaments from over the years. Childhood and collectible ornaments are what I'm accustomed to.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
If I don't have to drive in it, I love it! If I have to get out and slide around, I hate it.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yup. [But I never said I was good!]

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My favorite gift is definitely the diamond necklace Ryan gave me last year.
It meant a lot to me and always will. I was SUPER surprised and I know how much it meant to him to give it to me.
via
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
The most important things to me are family and giving. I love being around family and making new memories with my favorite people. I also love giving to people who are the closest to me and that need it.
via
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
As I said, I basically live on baked goods...there are few sweet things I can turn down this time of year!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
 My favorite holiday tradition used to be opening a gift on Christmas eve and getting new PJs. Hopefully over the course of the Christmas and next Christmas I can start a few new traditions : )

17. What tops your tree?
Growing up it was always a star or an angel. I imagine when I start decorating a tree it will be something neutral.

18. Which do you prefer--giving or receiving?
 Giving, of course! There's just something about picking the perfect present for someone, or getting someone something that they've had their heart set on.

19. Candy Canes: yuck or yum?
 Yuck. I can handle one or two a year and that's about it.

20. Favorite Christmas show?
 How about favorite movie(s)? Home Alone 1 & 2. I en bought them on DVD. Yup, I said it. I LOVE them!

21. Saddest Christmas song?
 I don't know. I don't like listening to sad Christmas songs. Sort of defeats the purpose, no?

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Feliz Navidad! There's a very upbeat part of the song that Ryan's brother and I joke about so I always laugh and enjoy that song the most of all!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I just started hearing of people not wrapping Santa gifts. WHAT?!?!?!!! I don't get it!!! How can a Santa gift not be wrapped??? That's part of the excitement. I remember looking down the hall and seeing all the new wrapped gifts under the tree. So fun!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jessica said...

Oh Mr. Gosling! I love him! And wait, mistletoe is expensive?? That's ridic! Isn't it a parasite that lives on trees, LOL. I should just sell the stuff!

Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/