Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Recap ~ Birthday Celebration!

Happy (late) Monday! What a weekend this past one was! Sometimes it's easier to start the work week when I've had a great weekend....that wasn't the case this week. Birthday celebrations, Cardinal football, friends, family and lots of sweets made this past weekend AMAZING and it was very hard to get back into work mode today.

The celebration started on Thursday night when I got home from work to find a yummy surprise...cute and delicious decorated sugar cookies! Andrea ordered them (and Ryan hand delivered!) from a cute shop here in Murfreesboto--The Painted Cookie

 I used up some vacation time on Friday and skipped work as a birthday present to myself. I had plenty of time to run errands, pack goodies (drinks, food, grilling supplies, and our cardinal gear), and get excited about seeing my favorite people! After Ryan got home we packed up, but not before he gave me my birthday present! He made a frame out of some salvaged red barn wood that a friend of his grabbed for him a few months back. We put a great print in it that we got from a festival a while back. I am in love and can't wait to hang it in our living room (which makes me want new furniture even more...but that's a whole different post!).

 After that we headed to Nashville to spend the night there so the drive up to Louisville on Saturday would be easier (since we were making the trek at 7 am!). We went to football game #1 of the weekend...Father Ryan vs MBA. It wasn't fun seeing FR lose, but it was great getting to see a few friends and enjoy the first really chilly evening of the season.

We made our way north bright and early Saturday morning. Tailgating started before 11 and didn't stop until we found our way to stadium for the 3:30 kickoff. The weather was PERFECT and the company was even better :) Having a chance to catch up with all of my favorite Louisville friends and some other long time friends was a great birthday present in and of itself. Getting to see the Cards lose play was the reason for the trip and even though they didn't get the W, it was a great birthday present none the less (Thanks so much Ryan!!).










 

My drink of choice....a new concoction....Strawberry Crush mixed with UV Cake flavored vodka. Tastes like a strawberry cupcake! Mmmmm!

Saturday evening was spent recooperating and was very low key. Sunday we got to enjoy Lynn's Paradise Cafe and their world famous food.

Via Lynn's website

It was great to have family and friends together for a meal...I miss doing it and wish we could more often! 




 Sunday evening was spent in Nashville celebrating with Ryan's family. A special and yummy dinner, chocolate cheesecake dessert and an awesome new Canon sized camera bag later we were back home and settling down.


Via Google Images

I can't believe how fortunate I am to have some many great people in my life. As much as I wish they weren't all spread out between two states, it helps to keep things interesting on weekends like this past one. I feel so loved after this weekend....especially after certain people put up with certain smash crazy moments :) Thanks for a great weekend and for the great memories!!

Via Pinterest

No comments: