Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday {trendspotting}

Hello ladies! I have to take a second to welcome all of the new followers from this week's Blog Hop {GFC style}. I'm so happy to have all of you!
-------
This Wednesday is reserved for another What I Wore Wednesday post. These two outfits are possibly my favorite of the summer. I have a tendency to find something I love and stick with it. Whether it's maxi skirts, simple dresses, or the Merona Favorite Tee {here, here, and here}--I just can't help wearing my favorite things over and over.

At the beginning of the summer I decided that this summer would be one for trying new fashion trends. I tried one shirt out that was very different for me and it worked out really well. But I didn't try anything new again until the maxi skirts a while ago. Well, I got bored with my closet again a few weeks ago and made a special trip to TJMaxx for something different to add to my wardrobe. 

This is what I found...
Peplum shirt: TJMaxx
Shirt: TJMaxx
 The peplum top is more flattering that I ever anticipated. The peter pan collar and skinny belt made me feel like a girl. And since it was outside of my usual fashion realm, everyone noticed the shirt and I got tons of compliments.
That's a triple win if you ask me!

The other shirt that I am absolutely in love with is this high/low button up. It's the most perfect shade of green and the high front, low back makes me feel like I am wearing something new and hip. Hahaha I sounded old just then, didn't I?
You can't see the back very well, but it's quite a bit lower than the front.
Shirt: TJMaxx {Mine brand}. Shorts: Not sure.
I LOVE a good shade of green to go with my red hair. <3
What do you think? Would you wear these styles? Or have you already?
-------
Check out the rest of the WIWW posts here!
{And check out Lindsey's outfits this week...they are beyond cute!!}

9 comments:

Miss Chelsea said...

Love that green shirt!

Sara said...

Hey Ashley,
You look so cute! I'm loving that green shirt! Have an awesome Wednesday.
Cheers,
Sara
www.SocialSara.net

Sheena Rae said...

I'm in love with that green shirt!
Stopping in from What I Wore Wednesday!

Sheena @ A Girl's Guide to Retail Therapy
http://sheenaashlock.blogspot.com/2012/09/what-i-wore-wednesday-9-5-12.html

Sapir said...

I love both these looks! You look great in both of them! Isn't it fun when you find cute new things at stores that won't break your bank haha
Best,
Sapir
coffeebooksandairplanes.blogspot.com

Christie said...

I'm following from the link up! I look forward to connecting with you!

Christie
http://satisfactionthroughchrist.blogspot.com

Nicholl Vincent said...

i am loving the shirts!!

Have a great night! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

ReInventing Lolli said...

Stopping by from return the favor hop! nice blog!http://reinventing-lolli.blogspot.com/

Cocalores said...

That green shirt and your hair style in this photo are really great! Found your blog throught the return the favor blog hop and am a new follower (and a fellow ice-cream connaisseur! *g*)!

Southern Glamourista said...

Loving that green shirt! You look adorable!

New follower through the blog hop! :)

Southern Glamourista